Did you know that registering your child for 'Pupil Premium' means that our school is able to claim funding to provide extra resources that can support your child's education?
This money can make a big difference to our school and your child's education and we use it to provide extra resources and support that we would not otherwise be able to afford.
'Pupil Premium' funding is an extra amount of money paid direct to the school from the government for every child who meets any of the following criteria:
- Pupils eligible for Free School Meal
- Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been entitled to receive a Free School Meal every day. However, if you get any of the benefits below you can register your child for free school meals which will provide the school with much needed funds. We don't get this funding if you don't apply. Registration is confidential and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
- You can register your child for free school meals if you are entitled to any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more that £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children adopted from care, along with children who left care under a Residence Order on or after 14th October 1991 and those that left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30th December 2005
- Pupils who have a parent in the armed forces or who has been in the last five years
You can apply for 'Free School Meals' by one of the following methods
- Online http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
- By phone 01926 359189
- By completing an application form (available from the school office) and posting it to Warwickshire County Council
To complete an application you will need to provide
- You own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- Our school name
At Our Lady's we also use the grant to pay for the following for eligible children
- A contribution towards school uniform to be spent at any time during the academic year. We will purchase these on your behalf.
- Free school milk (which is normally chargeable when a child reaches 5 years old).
- Support with the cost of learning visits (trips)
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact your child's class teacher, the school main office or our Headteacher
Please find our current pupil premium strategy here which also includes an overview on how we spent our pupil premium funding last year and the impact it had.